Aims & Scope
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Educational Technology Development and Exchange (JETDE) is the official journal of the Society of International Chinese in Educational Technology (SICET). With the aim of providing a platform for international Chinese scholars and experts in the field of education technology and encouraging academic cooperation, communication, and support among professionals, JETDE provides a multidisciplinary forum and focal points for SICET members to exchange practice and research between disciplines, educational levels, and educational technologies. The journal editors welcome academic works, including empirical research report, conceptual paper, systematic review/meta-analyses, and also position paper, with a focus on the pedagogical uses of educational technology in learning and teaching practices.
The scope of accepted manuscripts includes:
- Research, fundamental theory, and empirical studies.
- Manuscripts with integrative and evaluative reviews, interpretations of substantive issues and case studies, and original qualitative and quantitative research.
- Practice and position papers.
- Manuscripts bridging the gap between theory and practice; drawing extensively on real practical experience; discussions on current issues, new ideas, and concepts; review papers, reports on innovative applications and projects; evaluations of software and new technologies, comments and opinions, etc.
- Manuscripts must be original work that has not been published in any type of publications.
- Manuscripts must include paper title, author's information, abstract (less than 200 words), keywords (no more than 5), main text and references. The author's name, academic title, working address, and e-mail address should be attached in the end of the manuscripts.
- Manuscripts should be written in English.
- Manuscripts must be in MS Word format ONLY. All contents, including text, figures and tables, should be surrounded by 1-inch (2.54-cm) margins on all four sides. Page number, header, footer, and footnote should not be inserted in the manuscript.
- The journal supplies the sample/template of a manuscript to help preparing manuscripts. To visit the template, go to: JETDE Author Template for Paper Submission.pdf.
- Length of the manuscripts is restricted to a maximum of 15 single spaced pages, including figures, tables, and references.
The Journal of Educational Technology Development and Exchange (JETDE) is committed to maintaining the highest level of integrity in the content published. Content published in this journal is peer reviewed (Double Blind).
The journal only accepts original academic work completed by the author(s). Submissions that describes essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication are not allowed. The journal may use plagiarism detection software to screen the submissions. If the authors have used the work and/or words of others, that this has been appropriately cited or quoted. If plagiarism is identified, the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines on plagiarism will be followed. If the published work has any significant errors or inaccuracy, it is the authors’ obligation to immediately notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
The journal only accepts submissions in its complete form. Any submissions in the form of an abstract, an academic thesis and an electronic preprint will be rejected before being sent to peer reviewers.
This journal has a Conflict of Interest policy in place. All submissions must include disclosure of all relationships that could be viewed as presenting a potential conflict of interest. This journal also complies with international, national and/or institutional standards on research involving Human Participants and/or Animals and Informed Consent.