Patrons think about finding books or conducting research when they think about libraries, but do they also think about libraries when it comes to choosing a textbook for their classroom or understanding a publisher contract? In this session, attendees will have the opportunity to learn and discuss a wide array of services that The University of Southern Mississippi Libraries offers patrons:
- Open Educational Resources: Support for finding, creating, and implementing open educational resources in the classroom
- Copyright: Understanding the basics of copyright and its implications for those using copyrighted material
- Author Rights: Interpreting publisher contracts and identifying ways authors can use and/or share their published scholarship
- Data Management: Support for grant-funded researchers who need to provide access to and preserve their data
- Publishing: Tools for publishing scholarly journals or for publishing gray literature or reports that might not be well-suited for traditional publishing outlets
Cromwell, Josh, "Think Outside the Book: Unconventional Library Services to Support Teaching and Scholarship" (2019). University Libraries Workshops and Presentations. 11.