- About the Journal
- Aims and Scope
- Copyright and Licensing
- Indexing and Acceptance Rate
- Become a Reviewer
About the Journal
The Journal of Educational Technology Development and Exchange (JETDE) is a double-blinded, peer-reviewed, open-access international journal. As an official journal of SICET, JETDE was first published in 2008 by SICET. JETDE switched to the Aquila Digital Community platform and has been published by The University of Southern Mississippi and Tsinghua University since January 2017. The editorial office is located at the University of Southern Mississippi, USA and the Institute of Education, Tsinghua University, P. R. China. JETDE offers three distinct advantages over other professional journals:
- First, JETDE promotes the professional development of a diverse population. The journal has published numerous high-quality and influential manuscripts since 2008 from established scholars and newcomers in the field. JETDE takes pride in having published numerous first-time authors.
- Second, JETDE targets quick and efficient dissemination of research results, to make the first decision on the manuscripts within 30 days of submission and publish accepted manuscripts online 2 weeks after proof corrections are returned. This approach ensures that the studies are accessible to a wide audience promptly.
- Finally, JETDE does not require page charges or submission fees. JETDE is focused on providing services to the academic community and has been managed voluntarily by colleagues in our field since its inception in 2008.
Publication Frequency: JETDE publishes two issues per year and has an ongoing publication process. Accepted articles are published as soon as they are ready. Articles published before June 30 belong to Issue One, while those published after June 30 but before December 30 belong to Issue Two.
ISSN: 1941-8027 (Print); 1941-8035 (Online)
Aims and Scope
JETDE aims to serve as a platform for international scholars and experts in the field of educational technology, fostering academic cooperation, communication, and support among professionals. The journal provides a multidisciplinary forum for SICET members and international scholars to exchange practices and research across disciplines, educational levels, and educational technologies. JETDE welcomes a range of academic works, including empirical research manuscripts and reports, conceptual papers, systematic reviews/meta-analyses, and position papers, with a particular focus on the pedagogical uses of educational technology in learning and teaching practices.
Examples of topics considered appropriate to the journal include, but are not limited to:
- E-learning and online learning
- Game-based learning
- Improved flexibility of learning process in the digital age
- Institutional policies and strategies on digital learning
- Instructional technology
- Massive open online courses
- Mobile learning and ubiquitous learning
- Online platform and environment
- Open education resources
- Technology enhanced personalized learning
- Podcasting and broadcasting
- Social media for teaching and learning
- Immersive learning with virtual reality/augmented reality/mixed reality
- Big data and learning analytics
- Artificial intelligence in learning
- Assessment and measurement of digital learning
- Multidisciplinary/Interdisciplinary learning or teaching
- Technology-integrated STEM/STEAM education
- Innovation of language teaching in a digital learning environment
- Ethical, legal, and social implications of educational technology
- Other topics related to technology integration into instructional design, curriculum, and evaluation.
Copyright and Licensing
All articles published in the Journal of Educational Technology Development and Exchange (JETDE) are with Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license. Authors retain copyright in their work and grant JETDE the right of first publication under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
JETDE will not publish material already published elsewhere. This is not at odds with authors sharing their papers with selected individuals whose comments they would welcome or wish for other reasons to inform about their work (e.g., conferences). But pre-publication with broadcast dissemination in print or electronically in open-access forums is precluded.
Indexing and Acceptance Rate
The average acceptance rate of submitted manuscripts has been about 30% in the past five years. JETDE can be indexed in the following databases:
- Asian Science Citation Index (ASCI)
- Cabell Publishing
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- EBSCO Publishing
- Google Scholar
- The Standard Periodical Directory
- Ulrich's Periodical Directory
Becoming a Reviewer
JETDE welcomes applications from potential reviewers. This refereed journal's overall success depends on quality and timely reviews. JETDE reviewers will typically:
- Hold a terminal degree
- Be research active in the field of educational technologies and related areas
- Be experienced with peer review from author and reviewer perspectives
To provide timely feedback to authors, reviewers are normally expected to accept or decline a review request within one week and complete it within four weeks of acceptance. JETDE understands that meeting these timeframes is not always possible, and exceptions can be negotiated. To apply to be reviewers, please fill out the reviewer application form, and briefly stating your relevant qualifications and experience. When you become a reviewer, the editorial office will send you an official invitation letter. In addition, your name will appear in the issue in which you participated in the review (unless you choose not to be listed).
JETDE does not endorse any product or marketing service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in publications. Editorial content is not compromised by commercial or financial interests or by any specific arrangements with advertising clients or sponsors. The editorial board of the journal does not accept for consideration and does not print advertising articles (both on a reimbursable and free basis). Authors of scientific articles cannot link to ads using keywords.
All journal content is archived via the Preservica platform. Achieved volumes and issues can be accessed by clicking the drop-down menu under Select an issue on the website.